Hiring Play Coaches
Job Description and Responsibilities:
A Play Coach is responsible for caring for and playing with children at the play café, talking to parents, assisting with parties, and cleaning the play café. Must be comfortable interacting with babies and children and leading by example.
- Ability to scaffold play (take the child’s lead but gently guide their play)
- Ability to work out disagreements between children
- Ability to use age appropriate behavior management techniques
Facilitate birthday parties:
- Greet guests and make sure they have an amazing time
- Communicate with parents to keep the party flowing smoothly
- Set-up tables, chairs, decorations, and crafts
- Serve cake, drinks, and food
- Lead organized crafts and sing-a-longs
- Clean floors, tables, coffee pots, sanitize toys
- Babysitting and caring for babies and young children
- Course work or experience in early childhood development or education
- Working with small groups of children
- Attention to detail and customer service
- Experience playing a musical instrument, art, or drama is a plus but not required
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Dr. Jessica Beer:
- Cover letter that explains why you would be a good fit for the position of Play Coach
- Resume that lists and briefly describes any experiences you have that are relevant to the job description. This may include paid positions, course work, or life experiences.
- Names and contact information for two references who can speak to your skills and character
Position start date: Immediate
Where: The Urban Chalkboard Learning Studios and Play Café: 452 East Carmel Drive
Hours: Must be able to work weekends. Must have some weekday and weekend availability during holidays and winter/spring/fall breaks. Hours will be flexible each week and will range from 0 to 10 hours/week.
Competitive Hourly Pay
About the Urban Chalkboard:
The Urban Chalkboard is Indy’s first play café and is located in Carmel. We are a place where families with young children age birth to 6 years come to play, have coffee, and meet up. Think of us like Starbucks meets The Children’s Museum. The owners have PhDs in Child Development and designed the space to be a unique spot for young children to free-play, learn, and make new friends, and to be an equally enjoyable space for adults to relax, meet friends and have a moment to themselves. We offer yoga, music, and wellness classes for children, and we host birthday parties.